Skip to content
- Founder and President of a community center for members of the queer community, a diverse and marginalized community in the Midwest. Led a group of volunteers through the incorporation, strategic planning, and program development processes. Developed partnerships with local social service organizations, nonprofit groups, and business to build a community of respect and understanding centered around diversity initiatives. (The UP Center of Champaign County).
- Served on the City of Urbana’s Human Relations Commission. The commission advises and consults with the Mayor and Council on all matters involving racial, religious or ethnic prejudice or discrimination and recommends legislative action necessary to accomplish its purpose.
- Reviewed faculty curriculum and supported revisions specific to antiracists and inclusive teaching practices. (Seattle Colleges, Seattle Central)
- Served as an Inclusion Advocate on over 30 hiring committees for executive, faculty, classified, and exempt positions, ensuring a fair and equitable process. (Seattle Colleges, Seattle Central)
- Developed accessible Office documents and Web pages using Headings, Cascading Style Sheets, and other accessible design best practices. (Washington State Board of Community & Technical Colleges, Seattle Central, Seattle Colleges, University of Illinois)