The purpose of this Community Center shall be to form a multi-service agency, for youth and adults, to support and promote human care, educational, and community-building activities directed at furthering the well-being and development of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, and ally community of Champaign County.
- Preside at each meeting of the Board as Chairman of the Board of Directors.
- Present an annual report of the work of the corporation at each annual meeting of the organization.
- See that all books, reports and certificates required by law are properly kept or filed.
- Chair the Executive Committee and preside at each meeting of the committee.
- Register at any designated bank holding accounts for the corporation for the purpose of an official signature on documents as required.
- Sign all necessary documents of the organization as authorized by the Board of Directors.
- Supervise and control all of the business and affairs of the organization, subject to the general powers of the Board of Directors.
- As a new organization, we started from scratch. I lead a group of volunteers through the incorporation process and filed for 501(c)(3) status, which was granted upon first submission.
- Developed the organization’s Strategic Plan document along with its Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Developed and maintained relationships with colleges and departments within the University of Illinois and Parkland College and created an Internship Program for students studying Social Work, Human Development and Family Services, Business, Human Resources, and more.