- Led collaborative statewide initiative to develop quality standards for designing online courses. Used standards to evaluate over 200 online courses, providing specific feedback to instructors and course designers on strategies for improving course design to improve learning.
- Co-authored The Technology Toolbelt for Teaching, a book that helps faculty solve instructional problems using technology tools. The book introduces a decision-making matrix to ensure the tools teachers choose align with their instructional goals.
- Identified, hired, trained, and supervised face-to-face and online faculty and faculty mentors. Developed and implemented instructor mentor and evaluation processes. Developed, implemented, and supervised an instructors’ peer coaching program.
- Developed, updated, and taught online, graduate-level courses to community college and university faculty in areas of Online Pedagogy, Instructional Design, Web Design, Synchronous Communication, Technology Tools, Issues and Strategies for Faculty Support and Development, & Quality.
- Served as network administrator and taught using multiple course management systems and synchronous communication tools including Blackboard, Desire2Learn, Moodle, Adobe Connect Pro, Blackboard Collaborate, WebEx, Live Meeting, Skype, and Bomgar.
- Developed department and processes for providing technical and pedagogical support to students and faculty at a distance. Developed new student orientation program for students transitioning to the online learning environment.
- Consulted with multiple academic institutions and businesses to develop online, blended, and face-to-face education programs.
- Co-authored Online Education for Dummies, a book that helps perspective students learn about online education, what to expect as a student, and strategies for successful transition to the virtual classroom.
Community & Collaboration
- Founder and President of a community center for members of the queer community; a diverse and marginalized community in the Midwest. Led a group of volunteers through the incorporation, strategic planning, and program development processes.
- Serve on the City of Urbana’s Human Relations Commission. The commission advises and consults with the Mayor and Council on all matters involving racial, religious or ethnic prejudice or discrimination and recommends legislative action necessary to accomplish its purpose.
- Collaborated with executive leadership teams to determine administrative and operational goals and develop organizational strategic plan and budget ranging from $100,000 to $8.5 million.
- Developed and supervised a process for developing a company’s policies and procedures for all aspects of the Human Resources that ensured staff input and engagement within the process.
- Experienced in developing accessible Microsoft Office documents and Web pages using Headings, Cascading Style Sheets, and other accessible design best practices.
- Supervised the development of and designed the organization’s Staff Intranet (Taproot) to increase communication and sharing of information among all staff.
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, & Accessibility
- Founder and President of a community center for members of the queer community, a diverse and marginalized community in the Midwest. Led a group of volunteers through the incorporation, strategic planning, and program development processes. Developed partnerships with local social service organizations, nonprofit groups, and business to build a community of respect and understanding centered around diversity initiatives. (The UP Center of Champaign County).
- Served on the City of Urbana’s Human Relations Commission. The commission advises and consults with the Mayor and Council on all matters involving racial, religious or ethnic prejudice or discrimination and recommends legislative action necessary to accomplish its purpose.
- Reviewed faculty curriculum and supported revisions specific to antiracists and inclusive teaching practices. (Seattle Colleges, Seattle Central)
- Served as an Inclusion Advocate on over 30 hiring committees for executive, faculty, classified, and exempt positions, ensuring a fair and equitable process. (Seattle Colleges, Seattle Central)
- Developed accessible Office documents and Web pages using Headings, Cascading Style Sheets, and other accessible design best practices. (Washington State Board of Community & Technical Colleges, Seattle Central, Seattle Colleges, University of Illinois)
Administration / Supervision / Coaching
- Provided leadership in a manner that advances the company’s mission and promotes quality products and services to clients.
- Overseen the strategic planning, marketing, budgeting, contracting, and implementing of all projects and initiatives within multiple organizations.
- Led a team of consultants during client projects and responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating solutions for meeting clients’ needs.
- Developed, implemented, and supervised an instructors’ peer coaching program.
- Identified, hired, trained, and supervised Faculty Mentors.
- Developed and supervised a Faculty Development Program that provided over 2,000 hours of training to 118 unique participants in its first year of implementation.
- Developed processes and procedures for providing technical and pedagogical support to online instructors; Provided technical/pedagogical support to Global Campus instructors.
- Created and facilitated bi-weekly and annual 2-day SUPERvisor training. Topics include hiring practices, strategies for performance monitoring/review, and developing obtainable, measurable, and observable goals, etc.
Coached SUPERvisors through difficult situations regarding employee relations including performance issues and termination of employment.