Work with the Director of Human Resources and the management of the company to identify and define the various strategic and operational training and development needs; conduct periodic surveys to determine the need for and scope of programs at all employee levels; work with company management to ensure training program continuity; research alternative training programs on their behalf.
- Created policies and procedures for department programs.
- Developed and monitored the education and development budget.
- Provided leadership to the training function; overseen the work of training support personnel.
- Developed and supervised the creation of individual and/or group training curricula; analyzed training needs and determined appropriate instructional strategies; evaluated training effectiveness and recommended changes based on relevant data.
- Created a job description database to better manage changes to current job descriptions and make the recruiting, hiring, and performance appraisal processes more efficient.
- Developed a program providing tuition assistance to employees based on established criteria, company need, and supervisor approval.
- Created a program to help existing employees develop a plan that addresses performance and career development goals both short-term and long-term as they relate directly to the business.
- A short-term work experience in a professional environment where a student receives training and gains experience in a specific field or career area within our company and the emphasis is on learning.