It is the mission of the Instructor Services Department to support and promote the organizational mission by recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring, and supporting instructors whose qualifications and instructional delivery methods match the guiding values and operating principles of the organization. The Coordinator of Instructor Support is directly responsible for providing Global Campus instructors with orientation materials, technical support, and academic guidance in terms of online pedagogy and teaching strategies using a variety of technologies and communication methods.
- Identified, hired, trained, and supervised Global Campus Instructor Certification Course facilitators.
- Identified, hired, trained, and supervised Global Campus Adjunct Faculty.
- Identified, hired, trained, and supervised Global Campus Mentors.
- Overseen instructor evaluation process.
- Developed processes and procedures for providing technical and pedagogical support to Global Campus instructors; Provided technical/pedagogical support to Global Campus instructors.
- Created instructor help documents and Flash tutorials for completing daily Global Campus tasks.Collaborated with the Instructional Designers to ensure consistency in training and support elements.
- Created online Instructor Certification Course for new instructors as a method for transitioning them to the Global Campus and helping them become familiar with the organization’s policies/procedures, course management system: Desire2Learn, and online pedagogy.
- Participated in the creation of important departmental documents such as our Instructor Teaching Guide, Instructor Policy & Procedures Manual, and Mentor Guide.